Val CHA Cost Roll Notes 50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6 tons; 10d6 HTH Damage  20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7 40 CON 60 17- 40 BODY 60 17- 15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12- 10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3 15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6 10 COM 0 11- 30 PD 10 Total: 30 PD (10 rPD) 30 ED 12 Total: 30 ED (10 rED) 5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 20 REC 4 80 END 0 85 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 246 Movement: Running: 6"/12" Leaping: 10"/20" Swimming: 2"/4" Cost Powers & Skills Martial Arts: Commando Training Maneuver OCV DCV Damage 4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort 4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND 4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 60 STR to Disarm 4 Killing Strike -2 +0 HKA 1d6 +1 4 Strike +0 +2 12d6 Strike 3 Throw +0 +1 10d6 +v/5, Target Falls 48 Imbedded Crystal Shard Powers: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots Powers Only Work Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4) 5u 1) EB 8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Powers Only Work Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4) 5u 2) Wide-Angle Beam: EB 6d6, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1); Powers Only Work Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4), END 6 3u 3) Narrow-Focus Beam: EB 5d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2); Powers Only Work Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4), END 4 3u 4) Kinetic Impact Beam: EB 5d6, Double Knockback (+3/4); Powers Only Work Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4), END 4 24 Invulnerability: Armor (10 PD/10 ED); Only Works Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4) 16 Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack); Only Works Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4) 7 The Shard Knows Its Own: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Specific Group of Minds (other members of Triad), Number of Minds (x2); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Only Works Within 100 feet/15" Of Other Shards (-1/4) Talents 18 Combat Sense 15- 17 Danger Sense (self only, in combat, Function as a Sense) 12- 3 Lightsleep Skills 8 +1 with All Combat 2 AK: Central Europe 11- 3 Combat Driving 13- 3 Concealment 12- 5 Defense Maneuver I-II 3 Demolitions 12- 0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) 5 Language: French (imitate dialects) 5 Language: German (imitate dialects) 4 Language: Russian (idiomatic) 4 Language: Vietnamese (idiomatic) 3 Paramedics 12- 3 Stealth 13- 2 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 12- 3 Tactics 12- 3 Tracking 12- 2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles 10 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Small Arms, Flamethrowers, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Shoulder-Fired Weapons 2 Weaponsmith (Firearms) 12- Total Powers & Skill Cost: 242 Total Cost: 488 200+ Disadvantages 5 Distinctive Features: Crystal Shard Imbedded In Chest (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 20 Hunted: French Foreign Legion 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture) 0 Hunted: London Watch 8- (As Pow, Limited Geographical Area, Capture) 10 Hunted: Owner Of The Fourth Shard 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish) 20 Hunted: U.S. Army 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture) 15 Psychological Limitation: Methodical Planner (Common, Strong) 20 Psychological Limitation: Very Cautious (Very Common, Strong) 10 Reputation: Member of Triad, 11- 15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major) 173 Experience Points 488 Total Disadvantage Points
1) Casca's SPD is listed as costing 10 points. As he only has a 20 DEX, the real cost is 20 points ([20/10] +1 = 3).
2 ) I placed all of his Energy Blasts into a Multipower. One Energy Blast was removed from the character sheet, as it was an EB 5d6 with +1 Increased STUN Modifier. I note that Casca is probably the point where most people will being to wonder who wrote European Enemies. While Argent Anarky is simply bizarre, Casca sees the start of the outright illegal/impossible power constructs. And it will only get worse from here....
3) I fixed all of Casca's skill rolls so they matched his characteristic rolls. All of his Agility skills were listed at 12- (instead of 13-), for example. By updating to 5th, most of his other skills became Intellect skills and were bumped from 11- to 12-. I also dropped the 8- roll from his TF.
4) Fixed Casca's WFs. He'd paid 8 points for Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Small Arms, and "Heavy Weapons." Figuring that Heavy Weapons translated to 5th Edition's Uncommon Modern Weapons I added the ones you see in the write-up.
5) Reconfigured his Distinctive Features to "Easily Concealable." The crystal shard is in his chest, where any shirt will cover it.
6) Configured all Hunteds realistically. I redefined the names of a few so they made better sense. Interestingly, the original character sheet has Casca getting 20 points for being Hunted by the French Foreign Legion, while only 10 for being Hunted by the American Military Police (and both are on an 8-). Of course, when it comes to whacked Hunted values, we haven't seen anything yet.
7) The original version of Casca cost 592 points. He now costs 488, a 104-point decrease. The Multipower alone saved him 127 points, which was offset by the increase in cost of his Combat Sense and Danger Sense Talents.
8) Assessment: I think there is a decent character buried in Casca trying to get out. The Champions Universe has Esper, another supervillain created by coming in contact with an alien shard of crystal, so why not this guy? However, he needs a lot of revision. Considering his background (US Army, French Foreign Legion), I'd grab the 5th Edition copy of Dark Champions for a basic skill package, and add in the Commando Training martial arts package from The Ultimate Martial Artist. I'd also beef up Casca's Multipower so all of his attacks were around 60 Active Points. As it current stands, he can barely affect himself with his own attacks.
As a final note, the fact that all of Triad's super powers only work within 100' (15") of each other is a much bigger limitation that -1/4. Any significant amount of Knockback (and European Enemies is loaded with Double Knockback attacks) renders the trio powerless. In addition, Incubus can't really sneak anywhere without everyone else following close behind. This might be as great as a -1 limitation. I used -1/4 since that is the Limitation for Limited Range.
Return to European Enemies Character Revisions