Val CHA Cost Roll Notes 85 STR 75 26- Lift 3.3k tons; 17d6 HTH Damage  19 DEX 27 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6 50 CON 80 19- 20 BODY 20 13- 23 INT 13 14- PER Roll 14- 17 EGO 14 12- ECV: 6 20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6 6 COM -2 10- 30 PD 13 Total: 30 PD (25 rPD) 20 ED 10 Total: 20 ED (15 rED) 4 SPD 11 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12 27 REC 0 100 END 0 88 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 271 Movement: Running: 6"/12" Leaping: 17"/34" Swimming: 2"/4 Cost Powers & Skills 53 Equipment: Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 13 control cost, VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (in Mammoth's lab; -1/2) 20 Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (25 PD/15 ED) 16 Immense Weight: Knockback Resistance -8" 30 Find Weakness 11- with All Attacks 4 Long Arms: Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) Perks 30 Base (150-point base) Talents 5 Eidetic Memory 3 Lightning Calculator Skills 10 +2 with HTH Combat 3 Computer Programming 14- 3 Electronics 14- 3 Inventor 14- 3 Language: Danish (completely fluent) 3 Language: Dutch (completely fluent) 3 Language: English (completely fluent) 3 Language: Finnish (Suomi) (completely fluent) 3 Language: German (completely fluent) 0 Language: Icelandic (idiomatic; literate) 3 Language: Swedish (completely fluent) 3 Mechanics 14- 3 SS: Biochemistry 14- 3 SS: Chemistry 14- 3 SS: Computer Design 14- 3 SS: Electrical Engineering 14- 3 SS: Genetics 14- 3 SS: Physics 14- Total Powers & Skill Cost: 219 Total Cost: 490 200+ Disadvantages 10 Hunted: Eurostar 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish) 20 Hunted: Icelandic Government 11- (As Pow, NCI, Capture) 20 Hunted: Swedish Government 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture) 0 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish) 5 Physical Limitation: Large, 11' tall, with an 800 kg mass (-2 DCV, +2 to PER Rolls to perceive) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing) 15 Psychological Limitation: Hates Eurostar (especially Fiacho) (Common, Strong) 25 Psychological Limitation: Megalomaniac (Very Common, Total) 10 Reputation: ruthless killer, 11- 15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major) 30 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY heat-based attacks (Very Common) 140 Experience Points 490 Total Disadvantage Points
1) I removed Mammoth's 1 level of Growth (Always On), per the accepted 5th Edition way of creating heavy and large characters. Of course, Mammoth doesn't really have just 1 level of Growth in the first place. He originally had 3, an observation borne out by examining his point totals for different Characteristics.
2) Rebuilt Mammoth's Variable Power Pool. Nothing special here, except some of the items he's said to use as part of his gadget pool sound like they will cost more than 40 Active Points.
3) Mammoth definitely benefited from 5th Edition's dropping of General 11- Skills in favor of basing everything off of a Characteristic. His Electronics and Mechanics jumped from 12- to 14- and he saved 4 points in the process!
4) No rolls given for Science Skills of Genetics and Biochemistry. As they cost 3 points each, I presumed they were the same as the other Science skills and gave them a 14-.
5) Fixed the point values for all Disadvantages. Amazingly, Mammoth doesn't get a Distinctive Features for being 11' tall, covered in thick hair, and equipped with two large ivory tusks. He is, however, overloaded with Hunteds. I added in the Large Physical Limitation per The Ultimate Brick, and folded the Psychological Limitation of "Holds The World In Contempt" into his "Megalomaniac" Disadvantage—one is basically a subset of the other.
6) The original version of Mammoth cost 485 points. He now costs 490, a 5-point increase.
7) Assessment: Mammoth, amazingly enough, pays the correct amount for Find Weakness! I think he's the first character to do so. Now, while Mammoth's write-up makes sense and is actually free of the mistakes prevalent throughout European Enemies, the origin story is so lame as to verge on sheer stupidity. I mean come on, if you're going to take over the world with an all-powerful computer, why turn yourself into a huge hairy monster? And extracting DNA from a mammoth? Why not something useful? Like a gorilla or tiger?
Anyway, if you want to further debug Mammoth, give him Linguist and Scientist, that'll save a few points at any rate. I'd also up his Gadget Pool, give it a minimum Focus Limitation of IIF (-1/4), and maybe some sort of Life Support versus cold.
For what it's worth, Alex Fauth states that White Rose can beat Mammoth in one turn, and there isn't a thing he can do about it.
Return to European Enemies Character Revisions